국제 정보 다양성 저널 IJIDI에서 다양성과 독서에 관한 논문을 받습니다.
CALL FOR PAPERS:
The International Journal of Information, Diversity, & Inclusion (IJIDI) - Special Issue
"Diversity and Reading"
The IJIDI invites submissions for a themed issue dedicated to research on the intersection of reading practices and diversity and inclusion in libraries, archives, information centers, cultural heritage institutions, museums, bookstores, publishing, and a wide variety of social-cultural, private, and geo-political contexts. Research generated by international scholars and/or focusing on reading around the world is particularly welcome.
IJIDI welcomes a broad spectrum of submissions on any topics related to diversity and reading, including, but not limited to, topics such as:
· collection practices and representations of reading interests of diverse groups of readers
· conceptual considerations of reading in libraries, archives, and documentation centers, including theoretical ideas from information science, critical theory, reader response theory, new literacy studies, cultural theory, indigenous epistemology, etc.
· history of reading as a reflection of diversity
· publishing and diversity
· impacts of reading interests/practices of librarians and/or library staff on library services to diverse groups of readers
· impacts of digital technologies on reading practices of diverse groups of readers
· preservation practices of texts from diverse cultures
· reading as a means of cultural immersion
· reading as a literacy practice of diverse groups of readers
· reading and other leisure and entertainment practices in diverse communities
· reading and information literacy in diverse populations
· publishing, libraries, book trade, censorship, and reading practices around the world
We also invite shorter submissions for our special section; these may include work in progress, reports from the field, student projects, and theory-to-practice pieces.
Guest Editor: Dr. Vanessa Irvin, Assistant Professor, Library and Information Science Program, University of Hawai'i at Mānoa. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Submission Process
· Expressions of interest (up to 250 words - include your name, affiliation, and topic of interest) sent to Guest Editor by June 15, 2018.
· Acceptance notices sent to authors by July 15, 2018.
· Papers submitted by October 1, 2018.
· Publication scheduled for the April 2019 issue.
· Please consult IJIDI submission timeline and process at https://bit.ly/2JxPxb9
Vanessa Irvin, Ed.D., Assistant Professor
Principal Investigator, Hui 'Ekolu Public Librarian Development ProgramLibrary and Information Science Program
University of Hawai'i at Mānoa
Hamilton Library 003C
2550 McCarthy Mall
Honolulu, HI 96822-2234
Office: (808) 956-6703 | Fax: (808) 956-5835